Resource Youth Council Highlights the Future of Youth in Workforce
The Resource Youth Council recently commissioned Communitas Consulting to produce a study of how well the Capital Region is doing in creating the conditions required for all young people to succeed in the workforce and what the Region can do to increase the odds that youth will set and reach their education and career goals. The resulting report, Aligning Potential: Matching the Need and Resources of Youth with the Capital Region’s Future has just been released.
- Assessed the needs and resources of young people, ages 16-21, in the Capital Region
- Compiled an inventory of school and community-based workforce development programs for youth
- Compared the Capital Region with competitive localities through data analysis
- Engaged stakeholders, employers and young people through interviews and focus groups
- Analyzed and map demographics, risk factors and educational and employment trends
- Provided recommendations to Resource and the Region
- Frank K. Grosch, Former Executive Director, Piedmont Housing Alliance, Charlottesville, Virginia
SIGN UP FOR MAILING LIST
- What is Collaborative Leadership and What is it Not?
- What Gives Collaborations Staying Power over Time?
- Ten Questions to Assess Readiness of the Group for Action
- The Personal Element of Collaboration
- Looking for a refresher on strategic planning?
- Strategic Planning during Leadership Transitions
- Running Effective Committees
- Contracting for Impact
- Effective Leadership Traits
Sign up for our mailing list