- Strengthening Coalitions – Facilitated a regional early childhood development plan and a plan for improving out-of-school time. Created accompanying accountability and implementation strategies.
- Shaping State Policy – Created a cabinet-level plan to reduce homelessness for the Commonwealth of Virginia and streamline state services and allocations.
- Ensuring School Success – Facilitated an innovative multi-sector effort aimed at helping all children reach their potential in an distressed urban neighborhood.
- Mobilizing Action – Facilitated and drafted a communitywide plan to prevent obesity informed by research on best practices, local data and community input.
- Leveraging Resources – Led an interactive research project that increased local knowledge, visibility and participation in civic engagement by older adults. Raised new financial resources, for a regional community foundation.
Strategic Planning and Organizational Management
- Increasing Impact – Partnered with a small foundation to restructure operations for maximum efficiency and more robust resource development.
- Creating Efficiencies – Developed a strategic plan for a new regional nonprofit entity, merging four independent programs into one to increase their overall impact.
- Reframing Investment Strategies – Partnered with a community foundation to identify results for investments and align their grant making approach to better communicate, achieve, and monitor progress over time.
- Linking Higher Education and Community – Facilitated student, administrator, faculty and community team to design and launch a new university initiative to engage students in community-based research and scholarship.
- Planning Strategically – Helped guide a new nonprofit through their successful transition from a public to a nonprofit organization through a strategic planning process.
Research and Evaluation
- Engaging Residents – Designed and implemented a bi-lingual community needs and resources assessment at a mobile home park to inform future funding and staffing directions for a housing and community development nonprofit.
- Connecting Research to Practice – Published the premier edition of a statewide family violence “report card” for the Family and Children’s Trust Fund of Virginia;
- Reframing Investment Strategies – Partnered with a community foundation to identify results for investments and align their grant making to better communicate, achieve, and monitor progress over time.
- Understanding Needs – Produced a regional study and resource directory on youth workforce development for a seven-locality regional board informed by data, interviews, focus groups, and comparisons with competitor regions.
- — Christina Deady, Senior Director, Leadership and Workforce Development Programs NeighborWorks America, Washington, DC
SIGN UP FOR MAILING LIST
- What is Collaborative Leadership and What is it Not?
- What Gives Collaborations Staying Power over Time?
- Ten Questions to Assess Readiness of the Group for Action
- The Personal Element of Collaboration
- Looking for a refresher on strategic planning?
- Strategic Planning during Leadership Transitions
- Running Effective Committees
- Contracting for Impact
- Effective Leadership Traits
ARTICLES & RESEARCH
Sign up for our mailing list