Community Foundation Focuses Investments on Community Results
Communitas Consulting worked in partnership with the Community Foundation Serving Richmond and Central Virginia to create a results-based framework. Read what board members have to say:
“Communitas Consulting ably enabled our board and leadership team to make a key strategic shift in our grant making. We are now focused sharply on investing in results, and on convening, collaborating and leading the community to achieve improvements needed in the region. Saphira and Lydia are excellent facilitators, evaluators, and champions for developing and adopting new frameworks. The end product is compelling in its simplicity and focus.” — John Sherman, Past Chairman, The Community Foundation Serving Richmond and Central Virginia
“Communitas Consulting accelerated our foundation’s efforts to move from traditional grant making to an approach where we prioritize and support investments that positively impact the community. Lydia and Saphira conducted extensive outreach to our stakeholders, donors, and grantees. They analyzed our investments, put together a logical and inspiring set of community result statements, and then helped our team translate this into a grant application and review format that streamlines the way we do business. Their steady and clear guidance was tremendously valuable.” — Farhad Aghdami, The Community Foundation Serving Richmond and Central Virginia
- Frank K. Grosch, Former Executive Director, Piedmont Housing Alliance, Charlottesville, Virginia
SIGN UP FOR MAILING LIST
- What is Collaborative Leadership and What is it Not?
- What Gives Collaborations Staying Power over Time?
- Ten Questions to Assess Readiness of the Group for Action
- The Personal Element of Collaboration
- Looking for a refresher on strategic planning?
- Strategic Planning during Leadership Transitions
- Running Effective Committees
- Contracting for Impact
- Effective Leadership Traits
Sign up for our mailing list