Communitas Strategic Planning Client Earns National Culture of Health Prize
Communitas Strategic Planning Client, the Mary Black Foundation, and its partners, are recognized as one of 8 cities nation wide to earn a national Culture of Health Prize.
October 28, 2015SPARTANBURG COUNTY, SC SELECTED AS RWJFCULTURE OF HEALTH PRIZE WINNER
Spartanburg, S.C. – On October 28, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation announced Spartanburg County, SC as a winner of the 2015 RWJF Culture of Health Prize. The Prize celebrates the strides communities have made to ensure good health flourishes for all. A cash prize of $25,000 will be made in recognition of the community’s commitment to building a Culture of Health. Prize communities are pursuing innovative ideas and bringing partners together to implement solutions that put good health within everyone’s reach.Spartanburg County received this national distinction for exemplifying strong leadership, broad-based partnerships, and innovative strategies to improve health and was chosen from more than 340 other communities across the country. The other seven 2015 Prize communities include:
- Bridgeport, Connecticut
- Bronx, New York
- Everett, Massachusetts
- Kansas City, Missouri
- Lawrence, Massachusetts
- Menominee Nation, Wisconsin
- Waaswaaganing Anishinaabed (Lac du Flambeau Tribe), WisconsinThe Mary Black Foundation is an independent private foundation. Since 1996, the Foundation has awarded more than $43 million to support its mission of investing in the people and communities for improved health, wellness, and success in Spartanburg County. Additional information is available at www.maryblackfoundation.org
- Frank K. Grosch, Former Executive Director, Piedmont Housing Alliance, Charlottesville, Virginia
SIGN UP FOR MAILING LIST
- What is Collaborative Leadership and What is it Not?
- What Gives Collaborations Staying Power over Time?
- Ten Questions to Assess Readiness of the Group for Action
- The Personal Element of Collaboration
- Looking for a refresher on strategic planning?
- Strategic Planning during Leadership Transitions
- Running Effective Committees
- Contracting for Impact
- Effective Leadership Traits
Sign up for our mailing list